Monday, June 28, 2010

Non-Linear Powerpoint

I really enjoyed non-linear powerpoint! As soon as we discussed its uses I began to look back at lessons I had taught throughout the year and ways to improve them. For my non-linear powerpoint example I took a health lesson and game that I had put together using index cards this year and turned it into an interactive, fun teaching tool. I think that it is a great way to interact with students because they are being presented with informating, choosing and answer and being provided immediate feeback on their response. It also provides a more forviging arena for making mistakes. In a non-linear powerpoint the students are not writing down their answer for someone else to check over, they are self-checking and making their own corrections without having to commit to one choice permanantly. Its a much more forgiving and fun tool than traditional classroom techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment