Monday, June 14, 2010

Follow Up to mp3s and iPods in education

As a future special educator I was worried about the use if ipods and other technologies in my classroom. Working with students with emotional disturbance and technology worries me because of their explosive and often uncontrollable behaviors. I also worried that my students would not be able to find an appropriate use for the technology or even be able to work the technology. I found a video about the use of iPods in special education at a school in St. Louis. I loved the new perspective on the use of the technology in the classroom. It got me to thinking...my second graders come into school each day with Nintendo DS's and PS3s. They were more than comfortable with technology, the trouble with the technology is me! I need to become more comfortable with the idea of my students using these technologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment